- This event has passed.
Scratchboard Art Retreat
27/05/2016 - 29/05/2016$980 – $1140
This workshop is for beginners and Scratchboard enthusiasts.
You will learn this wonderfully effective illustrative technique using sharp knives for etching into a thin layer of white china clay usually covered by black Indian ink.
On Saturday morning you will transfer your image onto the board and learn how to scratch. You will have all day to work on and finish your design in black and white.
The next day will bring an introduction to adding colour. You will learn how to add this in layers, whilst continuing to scratch to get a brilliant 3D effect.
• 2 full day workshops
• 2 x 5”x 5” Ampersand Scratchboards – one for use in class and one to continue Scratchboarding at home
• Xacto Knife with Cap
• Eraser Pencil
• Black Pen to suit Ampersand Ink
• White Transfer Paper
• Set of 6 Ampersand inks
• Watercolour Palette
• 2 nights accommodation and full use of all Estate facilities
• 2 breakfasts
• 2 lunches
• 2 three course dinners at Gracie’s Restaurant, and after dinner cheese platters
• 2 morning & afternoon teas
• all day coffee/tea/lollies during the workshops
BOOK NOW AS PLACES ARE LIMITED (10) FOR THESE
EXCLUSIVE ART RETREATS.