- This event has passed.
03/10/2013 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$150.00
Rhizome Digital’s Business Record Keeping Workshop Series is for people working in small-to-medium sized organisations who need to learn about good business record keeping practices.
Workshops are presented in such a way so that anyone who needs to know more about creating good business records will gain new, practical knowledge.
Each workshop will be presented as a blend of theory and practice with an emphasis on applying new knowledge to business situations.
The primary aim is for participants to develop new skills and establish networks of support. For some workshops participants may be ask to bring a sample of work.
Leisa specialises in records management for community organisations, NGOs, CSOs, creative professionals and small business. Please have a look at previous projects Leisa has undertaken.
Workshops are presented by Principal Consultant Leisa Gibbons, an accredited and practicing Archivist and Records Manager. Leisa has also worked as a casual academic and lecturer at Monash University. Her presentation skills have been praised internationally.
Workshops 2013 – 2014
(no workshop in January 2014)
- 3rd October 2013 – How to identify a business record (including emails)
- 7th November 2013 – Developing and writing a Recordkeeping Policy
- 5th December 2013 -How to start to figure out whole-of-organisation recordkeeping requirements
- 6th February 2014 – Scoping, planning & running a records project
- 6th March 2014 – Digitisation of documents & photographs issues and projects
- 3rd April 2014 – Creating a useful file plan for paper & electronic records
Regular price: $150/workshop or $810 for all six*.
Community orgs & NFPs: $90/workshop or $485 for all six*.
Full-time students: $90/workshop or $485 for all six*.
Places are strictly limited to 12 only.
In the case of high demand, particularly in one organisation, Leisa will come to the organisation’s place of business and run the workshops as a weekly course over 6 weeks. Please call or email Rhizome Digital for more information about this option.
Tickets can be purchased from Eventbrite, or alternatively request direct deposit details.
* Discounted prices for bulk purchase of workshops is only valid if paid upfront in full by 20th September 2013.
Please contact Rhizome Digital if wanting to purchase bulk places/tickets.