- This event has passed.
Ballarat Photography Tour!
25/09/2016 @ 8:45 am - 12:00 pm$125
Spend a day learning the skills of a Professional Photographer!
Meet 8.45am at Platform 1, Ballarat Railway Station
– Photograph the historic landscape of Ballarat
– Explore Ballarat street art and funky shops & cafes
– Photograph local residents and laneways
– Join our small group photography workshop and develop a better creative eye!
- ? 3 hour creative photography tuition
- 1 professional Photographer to assist and tutor you
In this 3 hour workshop you will cover the following:
- Street strategies for taking shots from known locations
- How to approach your subject
- What equipment is best
- Developing your technique
- What camera to use
- How to recognise keys points of interest
- Use of available light & light metering
Ballarat is a vibrant city best known for its diversity, the Eureka Stockade, Sovereign Hill and new thriving art community. A hub of activity, it has many characteristics perfect for street photography – people, cafes, vendors, street merchants, historical buildings and many unexpected surprises along the way!
You will begin the workshop at The Platform 1 Ballarat Railway Station, then walk towards the city exploring the picturesque Lydiard Street as it comes to life. Explore the historic landscape of Soldiers Hill and stroll towards the city watching the cafes open and people start to fill the streets. Lydiard Street has one of the best preserved gold town era streetscapes with shops and charming verandas plus many unique spaces with hidden street art and old shop signs. Your adventure takes you through the historic streets and lanes in search for inspiration and creativity.
Break for lunch at one of the local establishments and debrief on the day so far. This is a great opportunity to exchange stories and ask as many questions as you like.
After lunch, your focus will be refining your morning experience; your experienced photography tutor will fine tune your technique with individual coaching.
By the end of this unique workshop, you will have photographed a charming visual story of one of Victoria’s most iconic cities and its vibrant community.
On the day
- The workshop starts at 9am at Platform 1, Ballarat Railway Station and finishes at 12pm. Please arrive a few mins earlier.
- Available on selected Saturdays and Sundays
Numbers on the day
To maximise your learning experience, we accept maximum of 5 participants.
If the weather looks like unbearable on the day, you’ll be contacted early that morning to advise that the workshop will not operate. Otherwise, the workshop will operate as scheduled. In the event of cancellation, we will offer you an alternative workshop date.
- Dress for the Ballarat weather – wear loose comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear for walking
- Sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, gloves and a raincoat are also recommended
The experience provider is not responsible for any other costs which participants may incur including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
Other Important Information..
Suitable for beginners, amateurs and intermediate photographers who have a basic knowledge of their camera.