Our vision for Clayspace is of a ceramic co-operative that will stimulate, support and nurture creative enterprise in our community.
We aim to generate a space to exchange and share resources, ideas, knowledge and skill in the
making of objects from clay.
Through the practical application of shared facilities, such as studio space, kilns and gallery space, a nurturing environment will evolve stimulating challenge and inspiration in the pursuit of creativity.
It is envisaged communal facilities will connect and empower people through training opportunities, creative purpose, exploration and skill development.
The co-operative will be a supportive group that will cultivate innovative enterprise, contribute to local cultural identity and provide community benefits via the development of sustainable local industry.
The re-emergence of the ethics associated with a local craft industry is vital to the promotion of sustainable practices, both within our community and within our own everyday lives.
Through reinvigorating an awareness of the hand made and the promotion of local products, recognition is fostered that ‘local produce’ refers not only to the food we eat but also the vessels and objects we use in our daily lives.
Clayspace Membership is $50 per annum
Clayspace intends to stimulate, support and nurture creative enterprise in our community by:
• Offering an opportunity for the production and sale of locally made ceramics
• Connecting and empowering people through creative purpose, exploration, skill development and training opportunities
• Providing an incubator for emerging ceramic artists and a venue for those more established
• Creating a centre for showcasing and promoting ceramic arts in the region
• Extending an awareness of the joy of the handmade and locally made
Membership will offer you participation and discounts in Clayspace workshops and events, access to a fully equipped ceramics studio and kiln access.